InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and Mr & Mrs Smith, a travel club and boutique hotel specialist, have announced their exclusive loyalty partnership. Starting early next year, IHG Rewards Club members will be able to earn and redeem points at over 500 Mr & Mrs Smith hotels when booking through IHG’s direct channels (including IHG.com and IHG mobile app).
The partnership will more than double the number of luxury and boutique hotels which members can choose from, complementing IHG’s luxury and boutique portfolio of hotels and resorts across Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, and Hotel Indigo.
IHG Rewards Club members will be able to earn and redeem points across luxury and boutique hotels worldwide. IHG’s members can expect free room upgrades whenever available and a free gift, called a Smith Extra, on arrival at each Mr & Mrs Smith hotel.
Founded in 2003, Mr & Mrs Smith offers a collection of over 1,200 boutique and luxury properties in over 80 countries. Mr & Mrs Smith’s high-tech approach to business enables deep relationships with its boutique hotel partners and onward distribution of its inventory to well-traveled guests.
Tamara Lohan MBE, COO & co-founder, Mr & Mrs Smith, commented: “We are hugely excited about the opportunity to bring our growing collection of carefully curated boutique and luxury hotels to millions of IHG Rewards Club loyalty members, so they may join our members.”
IHG’s loyalty partnership with Mr & Mrs Smith builds on IHG’s expanding luxury portfolio with the recent acquisitions of Regent Hotels & Resorts and Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas.
Key highlights of IHG’s loyalty partnership with Mr & Mrs Smith:
- Starting in early 2020, IHG Rewards Club members will have the opportunity to earn and redeem points during qualified stays at over 500 luxury and boutique Mr & Mrs Smith properties.
- IHG Rewards Club is one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programs, with more than 100 million enrolled members.
- IHG Rewards Club points can be earned and redeemed at participating Mr & Mrs Smith hotels booked through IHG’s direct channels only.
- The partnership gives IHG’s members more choice in where to go, with the addition of Mr & Mrs Smith properties in 14 countries where IHG doesn’t currently have open hotels.
- IHG’s most loyal guests, including InterContinental Ambassadors and Kimpton Inner Circle members, will enjoy a free ‘Smith Extra’ such as a bottle of champagne, picnic hamper or 30-minute massage on arrival at every Mr & Mrs Smith hotel, as well as automatic room upgrades whenever available.
- Elite IHG Rewards Club members will receive their tier Bonus Points on eligible room rates (10 percent Gold Elite, 50 percent Platinum Elite, 100 percent Spire Elite).