According to analysts at Lodging Econometrics, through the end of 2017, the U.S. markets with the largest number of hotels with selling prices reported into the public domain were:
- Orlando with 21 hotels and an average selling price per room (ASPR) of $96,402;
- New York with 19 hotels sold and an ASPR of $426,443;
- Washington, D.C., also with 19 hotels sold but a lower ASPR of $260,681;
- Seattle with 15 hotels sold and an ASPR of $236,958;
- Phoenix, also with 15 hotels sold but an ASPR of $205,265; and
- Atlanta with 15 hotels sold and an ASPR of $136,321.