CHICAGO—Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced plans to open 40 new hotels in California, Oregon, and Washington by the end of 2021, fueling Hyatt’s regional brand growth by nearly 45 percent. The new executed properties—under management and franchise agreements—will join 89 Hyatt-branded hotels that are currently open and operating in those three states.
The company said that the West Coast is a priority for developers due to business demand from several strong markets in cities like San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Ore., and Seattle. The strategy also accounts for the West Coast’s influx of corporate and leisure travelers from Asia, where Hyatt has strong brand name recognition.
“The West Coast U.S. is a primary area of focus for Hyatt, and we see enormous potential to grow our portfolio of brands in this region,” said Jim Chu, global head of development and owner relations, Hyatt. “Today’s announcement further demonstrates the overall strength and resonance of Hyatt-branded hotels with developers, owners, and guests.”
Most notably, new Hyatt West Coast properties include Hyatt House San Jose/Cupertino (March 2019) to be located in the heart of Silicon Valley; the 350-room Grand Hyatt at SFO (Summer 2019), which will be the only hotel on airport grounds; the 600-room Hyatt Regency Portland at Oregon Convention Center (early 2020); and Thompson Hollywood (early 2020). These will complement the recently opened Hyatt Regency Seattle, the largest hotel in the Pacific Northwest per number of rooms (1,260) and meeting space (103,000 square feet).
New Hyatt West Coast properties also include the following.
Park Hyatt hotels provide discerning, affluent business and leisure guests with elegant and luxurious accommodations. Each Park Hyatt hotel is custom designed to combine sophistication with distinctive regional character.
- Park Hyatt Los Angeles at Oceanwide Plaza, Calif., 184 guestrooms (2020)
- Park Hyatt Los Angeles Residences at Oceanwide Plaza, Calif., 164 residences (2020)
Grand Hyatt hotels celebrate the iconic in small details and magnificent moments, providing sophisticated business and leisure travelers with elegant accommodations, restaurants, bars, spas, and fitness centers, as well as comprehensive business and meeting facilities.
- Grand Hyatt at SFO, San Francisco, Calif., 351 guestrooms (Summer 2019)
Andaz hotels draw upon surrounding neighborhoods to craft distinctively local experiences, fully immersing guests in each inspiring destination through unique expressions of local culture. Andaz hotels are designed to reflect their surroundings and have a service model that creates a barrier-free and non-traditional environment.
- Andaz Palm Springs, Calif., 150 guestrooms (Fall 2019)
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt is designed to provide a portfolio of unconventional upper-upscale and luxury properties ranging from historic urban gems to contemporary new-build hotels, boutique properties, and resorts.
- A hotel within The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, located in Hollywood, Calif., 64 guestrooms (Late 2019)
Destination Hotels is a collection of more than 40 upscale and luxury independent hotels, resorts, and residences across North America. Serving as both the explorer and the guide, Destination hotels ensure a sense of genuine belonging and the chance to encounter life-enhancing discoveries.
- A hotel within the Destination Hotels brand, located in Oceanside, Calif., 226 guestrooms (Q4 2020)
The Hyatt Regency brand prides itself on connecting travelers to who and what matters most to them. Conveniently located in urban and resort locations in more than 30 countries around the world, Hyatt Regency hotels serve as the go-to gathering space for every occasion, offering a one-stop experience that puts everything guests need right at their fingertips.
- Hyatt Regency Portland at the Oregon Convention Center, 600 guestrooms (early 2020)
Founded in 2001, Thompson Hotels is an international hospitality brand that delivers a new take on modern luxury at the refined edge of travel. Each location offers a stunning, carefully layered and dynamic urban or resort setting that molds into the surrounding community.
- Thompson Hollywood, Calif., 190 guestrooms (early 2020)
Hyatt Centric hotels are full service lifestyle hotels located in prime destinations that are created for millennial-minded guests who view their hotel as more than a place to stay.
- Hyatt Centric Mountain View, Calif., 168 guestrooms (Spring 2019)
- Hyatt Centric Korea Town Los Angeles, Calif., 310 guestrooms (Fall 2021)
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Sacramento, Calif., 172 guestrooms (Fall 2020)
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Ore., 215 guestrooms (January 2020)
Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome guests as extended stay residents. Apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens and separate living areas remind guests of the conveniences of home.
- Hyatt House San Jose/Cupertino, Calif., 148 guestrooms (March 2019)
- Hyatt House San Jose Airport, Calif., 165 guestrooms (April 2019)
- Hyatt House LAX, Los Angeles, 129 guestrooms (February 2020)
- Hyatt House Davis, Calif., 118 guestrooms (July 2020)
- Hyatt House Los Angeles USC Medical Campus, 200 guestrooms (August 2020)
- Hyatt House Sacramento Airport – North Natomas, Calif., 92 guestrooms (November 2020)
- Hyatt House Pomona, Calif., 100 guestrooms (November 2020)
- Hyatt House Livermore, Calif.), 130 guestrooms (March 2021)
- Hyatt House Seatac Airport, Seattle, 139 guestrooms (April 2021)
Hyatt Place hotels offer a modern, comfortable and seamless experience, combining style and innovation to create a casual hotel environment for today’s multi-tasking traveler. From the lobby to the guest rooms to in-hotel dining, every touchpoint is designed with the high value business traveler in mind.
- Hyatt Place San Jose Airport, Calif., 190 guestrooms (March 2019)
- Hyatt Place Santa Barbara, Calif., 88 guestrooms (April 2019)
- Hyatt Place Fresno, Calif., 126 guestrooms (April 2019)
- Hyatt Place Vacaville, Calif., 136 guestrooms (July 2019)
- Hyatt Place Bakersfield, Calif., 120 guestrooms (September 2019)
- Hyatt Place LAX, Los Angeles, 272 guestrooms (February 2020)
- Hyatt Place Sacramento Airport – North Natomas, Calif., 109 guestrooms (November 2020)
- Hyatt Place Pomona, Calif., 115 guestrooms (November 2020)
- Hyatt Place Sunnyvale, Calif., 90 guestrooms (January 2021)
- Hyatt Place Hayward, Calif., 119 guestrooms (January 2021)
- Hyatt Place Paso Robles, Calif., 131 guestrooms (February 2021)
- Hyatt Place Livermore, Calif., 90 guestrooms (March 2021)
- Hyatt Place San Carlos, Calif., 103 guestrooms (March 2021)
- Hyatt Place SeaTac Airport, Seattle, 237 guestrooms (April 2021)
- Hyatt Place Vancouver, Wash., 113 guestrooms (September 2020)
- Hyatt Place Portland – Pearl District, Ore., 176 guestrooms (November 2020)
Joie de Vivre
Since its founding in San Francisco in 1987, the Joie de Vivre brand has made curating playful travel through local connections and eclectic experiences its signature. Each Joie de Vivre hotel is an original concept designed to reflect its neighborhood.
- A hotel within the Joie de Vivre brand, located in Oceanside, Calif., 161 guestrooms (Q4 2020)
- El Capitan, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, Merced, Calif., 114 guestrooms (Q1 2020)
tommie is a carefully edited hotel and gathering place that inspires guests to author their own experiences. By focusing on the essentials and providing fun, relevant choices, the tommie brand offers a fresh lens for the youthful and open-minded to explore, connect, and discover.
- tommie Hollywood, Calif., 212 guestrooms (Q1 2020)