ALPHARETTA, Ga.- Atrium Hospitality’s associates nationwide rolled up their sleeves in response to the challenge to plant 100 Trees for 100 Years in recognition of Hilton’s 100th birthday in 2019. The initiative aligns with Atrium’s supporting Hilton’s Travel With Purpose commitment, including living sustainably.
Twenty-six Hilton properties within the Atrium Hospitality national portfolio planted a variety of trees to support the anniversary challenge initiated by a Hilton hotel in the United States. The participating Atrium hotels span four Hilton brands: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, and Homewood Suites by Hilton.
A sampling of Atrium’s participants includes:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque in New Mexico: Hosted an on-site event to plant a Cleveland pear tree
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport Hotel & Convention Center in South Carolina: Beautified the hotel grounds with a Crimson Crepe Myrtle tree
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston in West Virginia: Added an ornamental tree to the hotel’s exterior landscaping
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Concord Golf Resort & Spa in North Carolina: Planted two trees — a Crepe Myrtle and a Red Maple
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia Greystone in South Carolina: Collaborated to plant a Willow Oak tree in the hotel’s parking area green space
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center in South Carolina: Acted as the Make a Difference team to plant a Coral Bark Japanese Maple tree
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville South Cool Springs in Tennessee: Planted two Magnolia trees
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City International Airport in Missouri: Cooperated across departments to plant a Colorado Blue Spruce tree
“Being a responsible community partner is at the core of Atrium Hospitality’s operations, and we appreciate aligning with brands that foster sustainability as a mindset,” said Atrium Hospitality President Daniel Abernethy. “I applaud our associates for embracing the 100 Trees for 100 Years challenge to celebrate Hilton’s anniversary, ultimately making our hotels and communities a little better for years to come.”
Atrium Hospitality is the largest owner and operator of Embassy Suites by Hilton hotels. Hilton has also bestowed accolades to Atrium properties for community service and sustainability.