MCLEAN, Va.—Cvent, a cloud-based enterprise event management platform, announced the second annual ranking of the Top 100 Meeting Hotels in the U.S. The list is based on activity on the Cvent Supplier Network, an online marketplace connecting corporate meeting and event planners with venues around the world.
While the ranking identified several independent properties, the three largest hotel groups’ efforts to attract meetings business were apparent, accounting for more than half of the list. Hyatt had 18 properties, Hilton 17, and Marriott 19, totaling 54 hotels on the list. Independent properties like the Green Valley Ranch, Resort and Spa and the Rosen Shingle Creek illustrate popular alternatives.
From a geographic perspective, Florida still has the largest number of hotels on the list, but has lost its clearly dominant position dropping from 19 hotels in 2012 to 15 in 2013. Similarly, Nevada and Texas gave up ground from 2012 dropping from 14 properties to 11, and 13 to 12, respectively. California now has the second greatest number of hotels on the list with 13 and Illinois rounds out the top five states with 9 properties. Overall the Top 100 hotels are spread across 17 states and Washington, D.C.
“The hotel industry is extremely competitive and this list highlights those hotels that have successfully designed the most appealing meetings spaces and attractive offers for planners,” said Bharet Malhotra, senior vice president of sales for the Cvent Supplier Network. “Interestingly, the list shows less concentration in major convention cities like Orlando and Las Vegas than we have seen in the past. While those markets are still well represented, this change speaks to the opportunity hotels have to win business away from those cities, as well as the importance of developing a proactive and aggressive marketing strategy for traditional meeting destinations.”
The top ten include:
1. Hyatt Regency Chicago – Chicago, Ill.
2. Hyatt Regency Orlando – Orlando, Fla.
3. The Venetian and Palazzo Resort, Hotel and Casinos – Las Vegas, Nev.
4. ARIA Resort and Casino – Las Vegas, Nev.
5. Hyatt Regency Atlanta – Atlanta, Ga.
6. Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center – Nashville, Tenn.
7. Hilton Anatole – Dallas, Texas
8. Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center – Grapevine, Texas
9. The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa – Hollywood, Fla.
10. Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile – Chicago, Ill.
See the full list of the Top 100 U.S. Meeting Hotels here.