Seven People Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak at Maine Hotel

    Carbon monoxide is once again in the news about the lodging industry after seven people were sent to the hospital following a carbon monoxide leak at a resort located in Ogunquit, Maine, according to this report from

    On Feb. 23, nine ambulances were sent to the InnSeason Resorts-The Falls at Ogunquit property, where 21 people were affected by carbon monoxide. Seven individuals were transported to two area hospitals for further evaluation. The victims were listed in stable condition and are expected to recover.

    York Fire Chief Mark O’Brien told reporters that carbon monoxide readings in the basement were 10 times more than normal levels and that the building did not have carbon monoxide detectors.


    This follows another carbon monoxide leak that was reported one week earlier at a Westin Hotel located near the Baltimore Washington Airport. Nine people were hospitalized—including four employees who were transported to Maryland Shock Trauma. It’s expected that 20 people at the hotel were poisoned by the gas.

    Earlier this year, a hotel manager was charged with involuntary manslaughter for three deaths that occurred at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza hotel in Boone, N.C.

    Previous articleHersha Hospitality Trust to Sell Hotel 373 in Manhattan
    Next articleMarriott Opens 317 Room Hotel in Shanghai