ATLANTA—Davidson Hospitality Group announced the inaugural launch of Davidson Day of Service, a companywide initiative aimed at giving back to the local communities at its hotels and resorts. From supporting food banks and assisting homeless shelters to contributing goods and equipment to local schools to trail clean-ups, each participating property has developed engagement to make an impact on its community during November.
“Leading with heart and giving back are both intrinsic to Davidson culture and ladder up to two of my favorite company core values: ‘Be passionate about what you do; serve others with love’ and ‘Always do what’s right,’” said Davidson Hospitality Group CEO Thom Geshay. “Community service projects are not new to Davidson, as our company has been doing them for years. However, this is the first time we’ve done it on a coordinated basis to really highlight the terrific impact our teams are having across the country.”
Here are some of the categories in which Davidson’s efforts :
- Cleaning and maintaining trails, gardening at local parks, planting artificial oyster reefs, and participating in river clean-ups.
- Organizing animal supply drives, holding clothing and item donation drives, and collecting donations and coats for shelters.
- Collecting items and creating care packages for Veterans, honoring Veterans who have served in historic events.
- Volunteering with local organizations, and participating in holiday food distribution.
- Participating in a blood drive.
- Creating care packages to support local schools.
- Giving gift boxes, resources, and other goods to communities.
- Supporting emergency response teams within communities.