Red Lion Hotels Corporation (RLHC) announced plans for realigning its brand portfolio. The news follows the September 2016 acquisition of Vantage Hospitality’s hotel franchising business from which the company acquired approximately 1,000 franchise hotel agreements nationwide and added more than 59,000 rooms.
“Our company has undergone a significant transformation over the last six months,” said RLHC President & CEO Greg Mount. “Through our brand realignment, we have ensured that each brand has a unique position in the market, while providing owners with the freedom to move between brands as their business needs and/or market change. We want to make franchising easy.”
After evaluating all brands, RLHC announced a focused strategy on several midscale, upscale, and economy brands. These include:
- Hotel RL, an upscale boutique brand that focuses on providing authentic and creative experiences;
- Red Lion Hotels and Red Lion Inn & Suites, midscale brands catered to business and leisure travel;
- Midscale, extended stay brand Settle Inn;
- Signature Inn, a revitalized brand for affordable boutique properties that showcase classic Americana and pop culture;
- Upper economy brand GuestHouse;
- Americas Best Value Inn and Canadas Best Value Inn, a collection of brands that uphold a small business identity and the patriotic heritage from which it stems;
- And the budget-friendly Country Hearth Inn & Suites properties. RLHC also recently announced that hotel owners will now be able to complete a Country Hearth brand franchise license online beginning in the summer of 2017.
Photo courtesy of Hotel RL Olympia, Washington.