A new travel study from Motel 6 indicates that Americans are not traveling as much as they could be. The data shows that Americans are more likely to have visited an amusement park than a national park, as well as the fact that about 32 million Americans (13 percent) claim they have not been to a major U.S. city.
Here are some more of the study’s key findings:
- Nearly half of Americans (48 percent) have only been to 10 states or less in their lifetime
- 25 million Americans (10 percent) have never seen the ocean
- Half of Americans (50 percent) have never visited the White House
- Nearly 50 percent of Americans say outdoor activities and adventure is their number one travel priority
- Top 3 states Americans are aspiring to visit next: Hawaii (14 percent), Florida (11 percent), and California (10 percent)
To find additional information revealed by the Motel 6 American Travel Survey, and see the full infographic pictured above, click here.