In 2014, affiliates of the Blackstone Group spun off the select-service La Quinta brand into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. La Quinta Holdings has a portfolio of more than 880 hotels, representing roughly 87,500 rooms. Also in 2014, the company introduced a fresh prototype design called Del Sol. With La Quinta Del Sol properties now open, the company has a proof of concept for maximizing the revenue-producing square feet and creating a more cost-efficient hotel.
• Cost per key | $71,206-$101,402
• Ownership Split | 340 (43,400 rooms) corporate-owned and 545 (44,100 rooms) franchised
• Rewards Program | La Quinta Returns and La Quinta Returns Military Rewards
• Length of Contract | 20 years
• Contact | David Wilner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for this listing in Lodging August’s Digital edition.
|Brand Name||What It's About||Chain Scale||Competitive Set||Franchise Fees||U.S. Properties/States||Global Pipeline|
|LaQuinta Inns and Suites Since 2001||Select-service properties designed with longer visits in mind||Midscale to upper midscale||Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, and Hampton||Application: $5,000|
Balance of Initial: $50,000 minimum
Royalty: 4.5% GRR
Marketing: 2.5% GRR