MINNEAPOLIS—IDeaS Revenue Solutions, a provider of revenue management software solutions and advisory services, has announced the 2015 IDeaS Cornell Revenue Management Scholarship winners. Currently in its seventh year and offered in conjunction with the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, the scholarship is designed to help increase professional development opportunities in the field of revenue management.
“IDeaS is pleased to recognize these scholarship recipients of hospitality professionals across the globe looking to expand their expertise in revenue management and strategic leadership,” said Linda Hatfield, vice president of knowledge management for IDeaS. “As a company that is always looking ahead to what’s next, we are proud to support the education of the next generation of revenue managers through our partnership with the exceptional hospitality program at Cornell University.”
Supported by IDeaS and Cornell, the IDeaS Cornell Revenue Management Scholarship offers hospitality professionals around the world the opportunity to earn online certificates developed by senior Cornell faculty leaders. Eight scholarships have been awarded this year, providing recipients paid registration to the Certificate in Strategic Leadership for the Hospitality Professional and the Certificate in Advanced Hospitality Revenue Management: Pricing and Demand Strategies.
Winners of the 2015 IDeaS Cornell Scholarship include:
Certificate in Strategic Leadership for the Hospitality Professional
- Emanuel Da Silva, manager: Vik Retreats, Jose Ignacio, Uruguay
- Jerome Joaquin, revenue manager, Dorm: JDE Brand Inc. DBA Brandwood Hotel, Glendale, Calif.
- Jean-Christophe Moreaux, regional director of sales and marketing: Belmond, Bangkok, Thailand
- Alice Rezende, revenue analyst: Incortel/Best Western, Vitoria, Brazil
Certificate in Advanced Hospitality Revenue Management
- Lek Wan Tan, director of revenue management: Wyndham Hotel Group-Ramada and Days Hotels Singapore
- Christoph Hutter, revenue manager: Lord Elgin Hotel, Ottawa, Canada
- Mateusz Konopelski, revenue and sales analyst: Hilton Worldwide, Watford, United Kingdom
- Martin Anthony-Kirsten, revenue manager: Indigo Hotels, Port Louis, Mauritius
“I am honored to be chosen for this scholarship from a prestigious educational institution and a professional revenue management company,” said Tan. “I am looking forward to gaining new knowledge and skills to enhance my revenue management experience.”
“Revenue management has a huge impact on profitability,” added Hutter. “The IDeaS Cornell Revenue Management Scholarship is a fantastic initiative and I am extremely grateful, honored, and excited about this amazing opportunity.”