SEATTLE—Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company Columbia Hospitality has announced the purchase of six management agreements and other assets from Coastal Hotels, a privately held hospitality management company also based in Seattle. The acquisition will take effect on May 1, 2017, and will increase Columbia Hospitality’s diverse portfolio to 37 properties, creating one of the largest hospitality management companies based in the Northwest.
“We are ecstatic about this new partnership and look forward to adding six remarkable hotels and two golf courses to our expanding portfolio,” said Columbia Hospitality founder and CEO John Oppenheimer. “The Coastal Hotels team will bring great experience to Columbia Hospitality, and we’re excited to welcome them to the family.”
The eight properties that will be managed by Columbia Hospitality are:
- Semiahmoo Resort, Golf and Spa—a 211-room resort located on the pristine shores of Semiahmoo Bay and Drayton Harbor in Blaine, Wash., just 45 minutes south of Vancouver, B.C., and 90 minutes north of Seattle.
- Semiahmoo Golf & Country Club and Loomis Trail Golf Club—two public golf courses that sit adjacent to Semiahmoo Resort.
- Cedarbrook Lodge—a 167-room Northwest hideaway located in SeaTac, Wash., less than five minutes from SeaTac International Airport.
- Best Western Plus Heritage Inn—a 90-room hotel in Bellingham, Wash., within minutes of beautiful Bellingham Bay.
- Lodge on the Desert—a 100-room boutique hotel situated against the majestic backdrop of the Santa Catalina Mountains in Tucson, Ariz.
- Sheraton Mesa Hotel at Wrigleyville West—a 180-room hotel across the street from the Chicago Cubs spring training facility in Mesa, Ariz.
- Landmark Hotel—a new, 189-room hotel in Tukwila, Wash., currently in development.
Yogi Hutsen, president and CEO of Coastal Hotels, will become executive vice president and a key leader of the Columbia Hospitality team.
“We have worked alongside Columbia Hospitality for years and have respected their values-centered philosophy and commitment to phenomenal guest service,” said Hutsen. “The sky is the limit in what we can achieve together as we continue to drive performance at our properties, career opportunities for our team members and great experiences for our guests.”
“I’m very pleased to see this partnership between two extraordinary companies,” said Stuart Rolfe, president of Wright Hotels, Inc. and managing partner of Semiahmoo Resort and Cedarbrook Lodge. “We are excited to have such great leadership and expertise in place to oversee day-to-day operations and help take our properties to the next level.”
Almost all Coastal Hotels team members will be joining Columbia Hospitality, including those at the properties and the home office in Bellevue, which will be relocating to Columbia Hospitality’s headquarters in Seattle.
Photo Credit: Sheraton Mesa Hotel at Wrigleyville West